Car Boot Sale - nearly ready to go ...

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Ok everyone, I'm nearly ready to go. I have a cupboard/landing full of things I don't want but someone else may - and am intending to go down to a car boot sale. The only problem is I'm slightly nervous as I've heard varying accounts of the experiences I'm likely to have doing a car boot sale. Does anybody with any experience have any tips for me? Thanks.

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
Only done one. My only advice is take it slowly. When we arrived and before we had even set up, buyers clamoured over the car, looking through the windows like they expected to see Madonna in there! They grabbed at things and offered prices as we unloaded and in retrospect,I think we would have got more for the items if we had had time to think!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
That's what I've heard - so thinking of putting some body armour on and also wondering whether it might be a good idea to put price stickers on everything before I get there. That way I can, hopefully, just sit back, and let things take care of themselves.

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
I love car boot sales, for both buying and selling. It is right what Georgina says about buyers rummaging through your stuff before you have time to unload, so be prepared. Also be prepared to haggle. I'm sure there are some items you will be willing to offload at any price, but for the more expensive items, try to have an idea of what the minimum you will expect is, so as not to be caught off guard. I'd also suggest taking a flask of coffee, and other drinks and snacks. Buying drinks and snacks from the car boot sale can quickly eat in to your profits. And be prepared for any weather, you'll need an umbrella and coat, and also sun cream, as you never can tell. And good luck.