Companies that employ home workers

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
If you have the skills, equipment and flexibility to work from your own home office, then here are a couple of companies that may be of interest:

Teletech
Teletech offers home based Customer Service roles, taking inbound calls, answering emails and through live chat.

OutSec
OutSec is an award winning online transcription company based in the UK. To work for OutSec you must have an excellent typing speed and at least 24 months experience of working in an office environment. Your PC should have Windows XP or higher, Word 2002 or higher and an internet connection. You will also need your transcription equipment.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
It would be useful to earn some extra money for typing. I used to transcribe live chats so have got very good typing skills. Might take a look ... reminds me of when I had my first ever job and told them I could type (I couldn't!). It was obviously a disaster and I have horrible memories of a foot pedal, earphones, red lights flashing and me desperately trying to type out the tape. Nightmares still haven't left me (or my old boss I'm sure!).

Snippa

Jan 12, 2010
Home work is a good way to make money. If you're disabled or can't work outside the home, this type of work is worth checking into. More employers are doing this because it's less expensive for them in the log run.

Craigslist might be a good place to check for these types of jobs. You might also check with your current employer to see if this is something they might consider.

TheDC

Apr 22, 2010
Arise are becoming more popular in the UK but it's worth having a good old look around for reviews. I've seen lots of people saying they are very happy with Arise but probably the same number saying they have problems.

Ribeye

Feb 19, 2012
UK
If you're struggling to find home employment, there are a number of sites offering freelance work which require very little in the way of set up. There's lots of admin style work, typing, transcripting etc - my neighbour has recently started using it and now she's gone part time at her primary job so she can do more as she loves the freedom.

PhilMGarrity

Apr 10, 2012
so you are a freelancer, right? You should check some sites like freelancer, odesk, there's lots of work there. Hope you'll find a suitable one.