Loyalty Cards

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I have never had one of these. I have always thought that they were a waste of time and that I would have to wait years and years before accruing enough of anything to make it worthwhile. Am I wrong? Do I need to apply immediately? We're a family of five so our food shopping bills can be quite large.

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
A Tesco clubcard is worth having, and it's quite easy to accumulate a reasonable amount of points if you do your food shopping or buy your fuel at Tesco, and there are many other companies partnered with Tesco to help you boost your points, such as E-on. When it comes to exchanging your points, you can get up to 4 times their value if you opt for the special offers available on days out etc.

I also have a Boots advantage card, as I use Boots quite often.

I think Nectar has a good loyalty rewards scheme and I do have a card though it's one that been abandoned at the back of a drawer.

Yes, it can take years to accumulate the points but I do think loyalty rewards cards are worth having.

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
It is nice to get a pounds off a supermarket bill, just for the trouble taken to swipe a card each time one makes a purchase. Of course, it is not a great amount, compared to the amount spent - but if somebody offers me a £2 or £5 gift I will take it.

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
I only have a Clubcard. The Clubcard Deals are pretty reasonable, it made our recent holiday a lot cheaper as we could eat out and visit attractions for 'free'.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
All sounds good to me. I'm converted and will get my applications going straight away. Thanks!

frdjns74

Feb 18, 2009
I joined the co-op reward card over a year ago and opted for the check twice a year and so far have never received anything from them exept the odd special offers which tells me they do have the right address, I have now stopped using it as it seems a waste of time as far as I am concerned, does anyone else have these issues?
:mad:

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
I definitely benefit from a Tesco card even though we don't have one locally. I use a Tesco credit card which is also my clubcard and the points seem to clock up to a useful amount. I also like the Co-op card. I think the Co-op is an ethical supermarket and the points also clock up to good money off vouchers.
Nectar points seem to take forever to get to a useful amount, even though i always use them when I buy petrol.

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
Our local co-operative is independent of the national one, which is a shame as I bank with smile (part of the co-op) and was looking forward to racking up some useful dividend points total!

Never mind.

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
The Co-op loyalty card is another card that has been stashed at the back of the drawer since I applied for it, which I have now routed out and will start using. I don't use my local Co-op store often, though I suppose it's worth keeping the card in my purse for when I do.

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
The Coop card works for me, but it takes a long time to result in any benefits. Tesco seems to provide the best results. I don't shop there regularly, but get a few pounds in a coupon each few months.