Aggressive doorstop selling ...

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Has this stopped all of a sudden? I have just realised that I have not had a man or woman standing on my door saying they're from this or that supplier (gas and electricity) for quite a while now. Hurray - has something changed without me realising it? Are they no longer allowed to try to sell so covertly, unscrupulously, aggressively, etc as they were before?

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
That's a good point Rachelle, I think it's been a couple of years since the last time I had someone knocking on my door, armed with a clipboard and telling me how I could save hundreds of pounds a year by switching my gas or electric. I used to get them quite often.

I also used to get charity workers knocking quite often, who'd lunge at me pictures of tortured animals or deprived children and want me to fill in a direct debit mandate so that they could take money from my account each month which would help ease the suffering.

I still get jehovah's witnesses wanting to convert me, and the odd traveller trying to sell me dish clothes or pieces of lucky heather.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Also have just realised I don't get the ex-cons any more who come around selling dish cloths (of terrible quality), etc. I don't mind them as they are working for their money having come out of prison. Do wish the quality of the products would improve though!