Tesco Visa Chargeback

Porridge

May 27, 2009
Apologies if this has been covered earlier, new to this site & cannot locate the information im looking for.

Booked flights with company, company ceased to trade.
All documentation etc was sent to the charge back section & my charge back was approved & credited to my account.(2weeks ago)

Then last week, i checked my balance & the charge back was removed from my account.

I rang & the said the company which ceased trading disputed the charge back & there is nothing more the can do, as you can only apply for a charge back once on the same purchases, so the informed me to contact the Aviation Authority to seek a refund.

I contacted the company that ceased trading & the informed me no dispute to the charge back was made by the company.

What am i meant to do:
Aviation authority do not refund purchases made by credit cards.

I faxed them a letter stated i was entitled to my refund under section 75 and i want it refunded immediately or else i was going to complain to the consumer ombudsman or seek legal advise.

Really guys im at a lost as to what to do next?? The flights were over £3000,

I would really appreciate any help or advice...

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
There are two different ways of claiming from Visa.
1. Visa Chargeback Scheme
2. Section 75 Consumer Credit Act

The latter makes Tesco equally liable by law, the former is an industry scheme.

I guess you used the former?

Porridge

May 27, 2009
Tony, Thanks for your reply.

I didnt realise there was a difference. Until today.

After i faxed the letter yesterday quoting section 75 the informed me it was been passed onto another section & there was no more that could be done.

So ill have to wait another 4-7 days.

Should i of quoted section 75 at all?

Getting very worried & very stressed out here

Just want to get the money refunded as soon as possible..