Preloved.co.uk

deantuhka

May 29, 2009
Hi

Has anyone had any experience of using a website called Preloved?

I recently signed up to membership and paid £5 for the priveledge. I responded to a number of private ads placed there purporting to be people selling motorcycles. I have not had a single legitimate response from any of them.... I have on the other hand, recieved a few mystery emails asking bizarre questions - such as "where do you live" and an email from someone claiming to be selling a Harley Davidson kept on the Isles of Scilly.. which if true.. is very interesting indeed...

I don't know if my question is the kind of thing poeple discuss here.. but my suspicions have been aroused.. at the moment I can't help thinking that the emails I have recieved were written in haste by people working in an office somewhere, rather than by anyone with a motorcycle to sell...

Best regards

Dean

Last edited by a moderator:

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
I don't have any experience of Preloved though I have browsed their site in the past and even considered joining. After reading your post I don't think I'll bother. You are right to be suspicious and I would suggest you stay well clear.

deantuhka

May 29, 2009
Preloved....

Hi Tracy

Thanks for your response..

As an update - I asked for my membership fee to be returned and was contacted by a Preloved administrator.. to cut a short story shorter, I let him know I was suspicious of the mail I was getting.. Preloved then came straight back to me and agreed it looked suspicious and removed the ad from their site..

I have not experienced this kind of dodgy activity before and I hope I would recognise it for what it was if it happened to me again..

Preloved have acted very quickly to resolve things...

Regards

Dean

lizwheen

Jun 16, 2014
I use Preloved all the time, I think it's fab! Always find a good bargain on there and I've had no problem selling things either. It's great value at just £5 for a whole year, not like ebay and gumtree where they try and get money out of you at every opportunity!

Would definitely recommend.

Liz x

LondonGirl

Mar 21, 2014
London
www.simply-wrong.com
I use Preloved all the time, I think it's fab! Always find a good bargain on there and I've had no problem selling things either. It's great value at just £5 for a whole year, not like ebay and gumtree where they try and get money out of you at every opportunity!

Would definitely recommend.

Liz x
Ditto - even better at the bottom of the page is a link to 'Freeloved' which is at it suggests. We got our three piece suite from it for free (seriously) and it was only a few months old. We voluntarily bought them a few bottles of wine to say thank you, but it is truly astounding what people give away (and throw away).

Sep 22, 2014
I LOVE preloved, never heard of freeloved though thanks!!! They kept that section of the site quiet I've never noticed it before! Lovely thank you.