Virgin Mobile

Mandy

May 30, 2009
Scotland
I took a contract with Virgin mobile in January which initally i thought was "linked" to my Virgin media services as the offer was "4 for £40 : the t.v. ,internet ,landline & mobile phone only to find out just recently Virgin mobile are a completely different company from Virgin media :confused:
I wouldn,t recommend them as they are hopeless at dealing with technical phone problems and their customer service is a joke : i had a problem with my phone which I eventually sorted with no help from Virgin techhies despite promises they would fix it . After many ,many calls ( at 10p a time ) i eventually spoke to a woman who gave me her direct extension to speak with her re the issue but when i tried to call her ,2 staff members said they couldn,t direct me and when i asked why i was told " we just can,t" :confused: On the Virgin mobile webpage it shows their Customer Service Director to whom i was intending to write however after attempting to get the address ,i was told he was made redundant and there is no longer a Customer Service Director : it,s no wonder their customer service department is such a shambles and i,m hoping to try and cancel my contract with this "communication" company .

Slumdog71

Sep 27, 2011
Hi Mandy,i seem to have more or less the same problems as you,first of all after 48hrs of being pestered,at least ten calls i agrred to go with them instead of going to my shop,which is usually what i do,i asked for a SILVER experia Neo and they send me a Black/blue Gradient model!?!,actually it does look good so i thought ill probally keep this,then i relise im not in a "rolling one month"contract where you can pull out at the end of the month if you give them notice,and it's a 24 month contract!...after 3 days of having this phone im wondering why im only recieving txt's and NO calls,after speaking to customer service(banging head on wall)i also relise they have no idea how to put it right,it seems vodaphone customers,orange,t-mobile cannot get through,they either hear "Number not available"or the other one "sorry the user is busy!!!"...this is october 2011 i didnt think we had connection problems like this these days??..so im now waiting for the bag/box to be delivered so i can pack it up and send it back before the 14 days,im dissapointed to say the least!,spent 4hours syncing phone etc learning how to use it,ive grown to love the device itself(even when you text it sends different words to what i actually typed!!!)so,is now the time to part with it??!!!...what do you lot reckon i should do???.....;)

TMJ

Jan 24, 2012
Hi, I took a call package with Virgin Mobile a year ago, it is the worst thing I've ever done.

Despite several attempts at solving the problem with their technical help desk, I still get no service when abroad.

I couldn't figure out why I was getting bills around £300 month on month, eventually got to the bottom of it - apparently about 5 months ago they sent me a text saying that the call made once the 'package call minutes' were exceeded would be charged at 40 pence per minute!!!! Not bad as business plans go, I think it's a stealth approach to helping themselves to my hard earned money. Despite countless requests for VAT invoices, I still do not receive them unless I phone up and make another request

Biggest bunch of crooks going if texting is considered an acceptable means of notification with respect to fundamental changes to contract terms and conditions!!!

Customer service is patronising, try speaking to the 'retention team' if you really want to loose the will to live.

Just glad I kept my previous vodafone contract in place.

All I can suggest to anyone thinking about signing up is DON'T DO IT......