Great Fabric Prices

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
Just about to make a loose cover for a chair I bought from Tesco for £30. The frame is sound, but the fabric is what you would expect for the price! I have some fabric i bought for £5 a metre so for a total of £50 and a few hours work I will have a nice chair.
The fabric came from Textile Express. I know of branches in Shrewsbury and Oswestry and they are amazing Aladdin's caves for fabric lovers. The value is extraordinary!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I would like to get an old armchair of mine reupholstered but having made enquiries a couple of years ago and having been told it would cost me about 300 quid, I have since given up. Does anybody out there know of any cheaper options? Maybe I could lend my chair to an upholstery class??!!

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
I am afraid that probably won't get it done! Most people at class are working on their own pieces! Why don't you join a class yourself? I did and it was really fascinating, stripping it back to the frame and rebuilding layer by layer! Now I think back there was one lady doing a chair for someone else so it's worth asking around - maybe you could offer to pay their class fee?? We had to transport our furniture every week so you might need to offer travel help too!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Thanks - that's a good idea. You never know - I might be able to persuade someone to do it for me. But actually I would love to do a reupholstery class so might have a look and find out how much it would be. Cheers.