Sony MFM HT75W

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
We bought a Sony MFM HT75W from Sainsbury's and I can't remember how long ago (Duh! What do I always bang on to other people about? Paperwork!!). It now has a fault and we took it in to a local repair shop who asked if we had bought it in the Middle East as it was an unknown type to them! I know we live in the Middle-of-Nowhere but c'mon! Sainsbury's!!
Looked up Sony Centre's on their website and took it to Shrewsbury, only to be told they don't take repairs and we need to call an engineer.
The TV was a real bargain and only cost us £200. Does anyone have experience with Sony - are we at the start of an expensive and slow process - should we call it quits? I have a feeling it is a simple back light job as we have sound but no picture, but I am no expert???? Your thoughts please folks!!

Last edited:

id_mcnee

Sep 7, 2010
Similar problem has occurred on our set although screen does light up for 2/3 seconds prior to problem ! Did you have any luck establishing the cause and effecting a repair at a reasonable cost ? Local repair shop is quoting £65 to look at it !