No good for you guys but I have won ...

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Sorry, I just had to post this!! It's so rare that I win anything that I'm very excited. Have been meaning to have my third daughter photographed professionally as I did her twin sisters but just haven't had the money recently. So really really pleased to find out yesterday that I won a raffle competition worth up to £150 in a studio with my kids and a photographer. Brilliant!!

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
Congratulations Rachelle - thanks for sharing your good news!! I hope you get some fabulous photos too! Isn't it nice when you have a little hope or desire niggling in the back of your mind and somehow it comes to be!!! Perhaps Noel Edmonds was working on it for you!!!!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Uh oh! Have just come back from the presentation of photos at the photograhper's house. All very nicely done on a slide show on a big screen but the actual prize I had won was a teeny framed photo and of course none of the photos that were great really worked in a frame that size. So I have now walked away with some lovely photos of my family but completely out of pocket. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever learn ...

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
Has anyone actually ever won a competition that hasn't involved some sort of catch or left them out of pocket? I once won two nights stay in a hotel, the catch being that I had to spend a certain amount on food each night in the hotel restaurant. I can't remember how much I was expected to spend, but I do remember it being an obscene amount. Needless to say I didn't take the offer up.

I've also won numerous times on the free scratch cards that come with magazines and newspapers, and then been expected to call a premium rate number to find out what my prize is, which I would never call.

I'm not an avid comper though I have certainly entered my fair share over the years (easily in the hundreds), with prizes ranging from DVDs to luxury holidays, though never won a thing that didn't have some sort of catch attached to it.