£99 one off for 0800 number, then 1000 free incoming minutes a month for free????

OM2

Aug 19, 2008
£99 one off for 0800 number, then 1000 free incoming minutes a month for free????

AND you get FREE diverts to your mobile phone if you want!!

Sounds a fantastic offer!!?
Well, I've been pestered by a company selling this.
They've said the above plainly as can be said: no difference in the facts.

The company: gcsgroupltd.com

The company say they make their money on th sale of the 0800 numbers + they say that you don't realise how cheap phone calls are and that BT still make a lot of money from the deal.

I've blatantly said to them: it's a scam!! It's too good to be true! They've phoned backa few times and have said that it's genuine, they said I can call their published customers who have bought 0800 numbers and ask them for their opinions.

If I pay by credit card: will I be covered if this turns out to be a scam?

I've said to them: I'll call my credit card company and if they tell me that I'll be covered, then I'll purchase.
They said: fine, please do this ASAP!

Any views would be really appreciated.
I can't see where I can go wrong if I purchase by credit card.

Thanks.

OM

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Just had a look at the website - the incoming calls might be free, but they are charging for routing the calls to your designated number, also there is no mention of this offer:

Call Routing Charges
These are the Charges for Routing (diverting or forwarding) the Calls made to your 0800 Number to other Numbers or Services. Call Charges are billed by the Second and there is no Connection or Minimum Call Charge. Prices are in Pence per Minute and exclude VAT.

UK Landline UK Mobile* Fax to Email Voice to Email VoIP
3.5 p 18.0 p 3.5 p 3.5 p 3.5 p
* Add 5 Pence per Minute for 3 Network.
Equal liability will not apply if you enter into a contract with these people in full agreement - so if you do read the T&Cs very carefully.

Tony

OM2

Aug 19, 2008
thanks for the reply
they seem to be very confident
i told them: your offer is NOT on your website!
they said it was a special offer only available over the phone
they said that i had had details given from an employee of the company
i said: that email was from a hotmail account!
they said: if we send u an email from the company domain, will u sign up within 60 minutes?
i said no: i would want to clear it with my credit card company first
they said: in that case, the deal wouldnot be available after the next 60 minutes
oh well... i suppose u win some and lose some
;)

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I think you probably made a lucky escape - it is a common ploy to say that the offer is time limited or last few remaining. I would want to see detailed T&Cs - rather than making a commitment over the phone.

gas247

Jul 19, 2009
This service is great!

I was contacted by the same company regarding this service and asked the rep to call me back in a couple of days. This gave me chance to look into the service and the offer. I also couldn't find the 'offer' online so started calling random numbers off there sister website . Everyone I spoke to say's exactly the same thing that they didn't believe it could provide free incoming calls for life but it has so far. One contact has been on the service for 18 months and assures me he has never had a bill. Needless to say when the rep called back I signed up and my work leads have increased substantially!!

I've been with them for 6 months now and can't fault them.

I'm happy for you to call me if you need to 07910 999 246

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
The incoming calls may be free, but you have to pay for the calls to be terminated:

UK Landline 3.5 p
UK Mobile* 18.0 p

* Add 5 Pence per Minute for 3 Network.

James@Global

Jul 20, 2009
Hi i work for global, i can see there is some confusion about our numbers, this offer is only applicable to certain trades. As the likelyhood of reciveing more than 1000 minutes worth of incomning calls is slim.

Feel free to visit look4a.co.uk (our online directory) where we have 4910 of our customers that use this service and all have paid once and not recieved another bill but here's the deal we offer

We can provide you with a 0800/0808 FREE phone number for LIFE, all for just a once off fee. Please see below some additional information you will need to know about your 0800/0808 number:

· Global Communication Solutions Ltd will provide you with a 0800/0808 free phone number for LIFE

· Each month for life 1000 minutes of inbound call costs shall be covered to reassure that you never receive a bill

· No monthly line rental charges

· No annual service charges

· No additional charge to be diverted to a UK mobile phone

· Your 0800/0808 number will be connected and live within 15 minutes of purchase

· Your 1000 minutes per month is based on per second

· FREE ‘On Line Call Checker Facility’

· You can re-divert your 0800/0808 number to any UK landline or mobile phone as many times as you wish at NO additional costs

· You have the option to select your own 0800/0808 number from over 7 million numbers.

· All of your documents are sent to you via post within 24 hours of purchase.

· You will own the number for LIFE

Hope this helps

James

James@Global

Jul 20, 2009
However you cannot get a number for £99 + Vat with 1000minutes anymore maximum would be 500 minutes a month, simply because this deal de-values the product.

If you wanted the 1000minutes it is £149 + vat

Last edited:

Jinx

Jul 24, 2009
I signed up for this 2 years ago. Seemed to be ok.

However, as I haven't used the number for a while I rang up to find out what it was as I forgot it. I left a few messages and no answer, I did get through to someone and they said that they would get back to me, but no call yet.

Any chance of some feedback on this James? Or could you give me a direct number so we can sort it out.

Cheers
Jon

ShillBasher

Jul 27, 2009
Hi Jon, our number is on our website gcsgroupltd.com

or alternatively call me on 01245 353 892

Thanks

Hi James, nice to see you keeping on top of these pesky customer complaints. How about having a word with the people in your orifice oops.. office about the following complaint:

After much HIGH PRESSURE selling from Nick Payne and Tony Appleton I agreed to allow Global Communications to build me a website on the strictest understanding that there was a 7 day "cooling off" period (as per the Distance Selling Regulations. I actually decided to not proceed with the website and contacted the company to cancel. I was told that Nick was busy but he would call back.. he did not. I called again.. same story. I put my cancelation in writing and requested confirmation.. which did not arrive. I re-sent the cancelation with the same request to confirm receipt and confirmation.. it did not arrive. I called again.. but the promised return call still did not materialize. Using "stealth methods" I eventually managed to get through to Nick Payne who sounded a little shaky but instantly said he "knew nothing about me or my cancelation request". I explained who I was and why I wanted to not proceed and that I required a refund but he insisted that the person who agrees the refunds was away until after the 7 day period ended!!. After a firm insistence from myself that I most certainly require a refund before close of business I was passed onto one of the Partners who, initially, denied me my rights to cancel and insisted that I had not been told of this right by Nick Payne (the guy who pretended not to know who I was). After further discussion and insistence of my rights Paul Johnson finally agreed to do a refund.
I have now requested a written confirmation of the cancelation but it would appear that despite my best efforts none is forthcoming. I have yet to ascertain if the refund has gone through but I will check with my bank tomorrow.
DO YOU HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS MATTER AT ALL, James??.

James@Global

Jul 20, 2009
Unfortunately i dont deal with websites, i only sell numbers. But if you have spoken to Paul and he has agreed to do your refund i'm sure it will be done very soon, if not already.

But all i would say is if you feel your being "pressure sold" there nothing stopping you from putting the phone down.

But this is a post about the numbers we offer, and I'm sure you have no complaints about your number(s)?

ShillBasher

Jul 27, 2009
Unfortunately i dont deal with websites, i only sell numbers. But if you have spoken to Paul and he has agreed to do your refund i'm sure it will be done very soon, if not already.

But all i would say is if you feel your being "pressure sold" there nothing stopping you from putting the phone down.

But this is a post about the numbers we offer, and I'm sure you have no complaints about your number(s)?

I do actualy have the freephone number from you and I understand that you are not part of the website team James, but you are part of a company that has a very high pressure approach to selling ALL of it's products. What I fail to understand is why, as an entire organisation, you fail at almost every level of customer service once the sale has been made and payment has been processed?. I'm also perplexed how a company can have so many dudd email adresses and dead end phone numbers?.
You'll be pleased, I'm sure, to hear that Paul Johnston has FINALY emailed me in responce to my NUMEROUS and varied attempts to get the website canceled, here's what he had to say:
Hi Phil,
What is the reason for your refund?.

What a strange question from a man who has already verbaly agreed to cancel the contract last Friday!!. I await confirmation, in writing, of the cancelation. I'll update you all once that happens.

Cheers for now.

James@Global

Jul 20, 2009
With regards to our "dudd" numbers earlier this year we moved offices due to company expansion, as we was in a business centre before we couldn't take our lines with us, obviously in our new offices we have new landline numbers, (which is posted below) however our 0845 on gcsgroupltd.com and 0800 number on webbuilt4u.co.uk has not changed as you know a great benefit of owning your own virtual number.

With respect about our customer service, unfortunately your refund has not been dealt with as quickly as you would have liked, but ultimately it has been dealt with. However we would not recieve the amount of recommendations that we do, or customers buying additional numbers/products/services from us if we was to "fail at almost every level of customer service"

ShillBasher

Jul 27, 2009
With regards to our "dudd" numbers earlier this year we moved offices due to company expansion, as we was in a business centre before we couldn't take our lines with us, obviously in our new offices we have new landline numbers, (which is posted below) however our 0845 on gcsgroupltd.com and 0800 number on webbuilt4u.co.uk has not changed as you know a great benefit of owning your own virtual number.

With respect about our customer service, unfortunately your refund has not been dealt with as quickly as you would have liked, but ultimately it has been dealt with. However we would not recieve the amount of recommendations that we do, or customers buying additional numbers/products/services from us if we was to "fail at almost every level of customer service"
Thanks for the reply, James.

I have now, only because of my continued and unswayable persistence, had confirmation that the refund WILL be done.. so here's hoping all goes well on that.
I'm sure that you are recommended James but I can't say that I'd be one to do so due to the terrible after sales service that I've personally received. Maybe I was just one of the unlucky ones?.
With regards to the freephone numbers side of the business; I am very pleased so far with my new number and I feel sure it will increase call volumes. I do have some concerns that the deal has some sort of hidden costs that I have yet to discover. I've not received a contract of any sort confirming the "free incoming calls for life", is this common practice?. I have also appear not to have received a receipt for my payment.
Customer service/ sales tactics/ after sales are definitely the issues here, I have no problem with the actual services you sell, thus far.

macaid

Aug 10, 2009
Free 0800 numbers

Hi All. This is my first post at this forum as i have just joined.
I am a sole trader offering Apple Mac Support to home and business users. About 1 year ago i was contacted by a company called "Global Communications" http ://www .globalcommunicationsltd.com/index.html Who offered me an 0800 number for a One-Off payment of £200 and for that i will get 1000 minutes covered to calls made to my 0800 number as well as routing the call to 3 chosen numbers. I was very suspicious but was reassured by their representative. And 1 year on i can honestly say they have not let me down. So if you are in the market for a freephone number check theses guys out.

davidh

Mar 31, 2010
I am so angry with Paul Johnston at Global Communications. They have taken over £2000 from my account with NO authorisation to do so, billing me in small amounts and then also charging me for a website £1650 that only had 2 pages built and never got finished because Image Trade have now gone into administration along with Global Communications.

How these con men sleep at night is beyond me.

They make it hard for the genuine hardworking people to make a living and put food on the table. These fraudsters need to realise this is not on!

macaid

Aug 10, 2009
Yes and one year later they have gone into administration, thought it was too good to be true, Well i got a year or so from them for a one off fee. now i pay a minimum £25 top up with the new company. Sorry to hear about your experience with GC.

I am so angry with Paul Johnston at Global Communications. They have taken over £2000 from my account with NO authorisation to do so, billing me in small amounts and then also charging me for a website £1650 that only had 2 pages built and never got finished because Image Trade have now gone into administration along with Global Communications.

How these con men sleep at night is beyond me.

They make it hard for the genuine hardworking people to make a living and put food on the table. These fraudsters need to realise this is not on!

Gin21

May 14, 2010
We also bought phone numbers with Global. We got a year out of it - at the time thought it sounded too good to be true but we checked out the company and at the time couldn't find any adverse comments. We reckoned it was worth it. Their rep also very convincing. In Feb we found out through TTNC that Global couldn't continue with the 1000 free minutes deal. We weren't happy but then found out Global had suspended our numbers without telling us - no wonder the phones had been quiet for 3 days! We then got our credit card bill and discovered they had taken £550 in five separate transactions. Credit card company have refunded via chargeback but Global seem now to be challenging this. A very bad experience - i have been led to believe Paul Johnston has set up another company!