Is there an easy way of advising of address change.

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
With the compiling of the various government databases, DLVA, Health, CRB, passort, council tax, TV license, etc., when will all those have some convenience for citizens?
There should be, by now, an easy way of making one change of address request - and having the information of address changed on all of them.
It seems that the government systems have forgotten that they are supposed to work for the citizens.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
It sounds so obvious doesn't it? But the idea of a huge national database that works efficiently (and isn't left on a bus!) seems to be a long way off!

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
Interesting point! It seems a hazy and distant memory, those glory glory days when you could choose between political parties who were keen to effect changes for the population, and their intentions were in such different directions that we actually had a choice, (perhaps the BNP represents that for some - shudder). With a benevolent and proactive government, all the information gathered could be put to useful purpose, especially the NHS records, which could spot regional health trends, as well as making life easier as you suggest.

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
Yeah, one wonders if the assembly of all the government records is largely another form of taxation.
I do not really want a passport to carry around, but I do travel. In order to travel I have to buy the complicated thing before I can do so - it is a kind of tax enabling me to travel between countries.
I know who I am, and can normally remember that each morning! I don't need an ID card to do so. If somebody else wants to remember who I am, then they should pay if they want to make that list - not me.