Anything good about being over fifty?

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
I quite like the mag, but I don't think SAGA are that great. Apart from being on nodding terms with June Whitfield, is there any benefit to being over fifty? The car insurance has not dropped dramatically, even though I am now officially a wisewoman - and clothes (classic investments of course!) are so much more expensive than New Look!! My teeth are all my own so I still have that expense!
Anyone know of any perks?

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
My dad has just started using Saga and his insurance came down a lot, but then in his defence he hasn't claimed for 30 odd years.

Anyway, the biggest perk? You can flirt outrageously with people my age and get away with it.

An even bigger perk comes when you're over 70 though, and you can say words and state believe that are from the dark ages and people just say "um... gran... you can't say things like that any more"

You know, like Prince Philip does.

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
That's good although I think I am too rusty on flirting! They should run refresher courses! That would enliven the local college prospectus! I am looking forward to the 'mad old bat' stage and saying daft things - some might suggest I have already reached it!
It is free entertainment after all!