5 Hints for decision the top Debt Consolidation help

Peter White

Aug 11, 2008
If you have decided to go for debt consolidation to decide your debt subject, then, finding a good debt consolidation corporation that can really help you in apply your debt problem is important for the reason that getting help from an unethical debt consolidation company can make your financial condition goes poorer.

Here are 5 hints for finding the best debt consolidation help.

1: Search As Much Information accessible Online & Offline

2: Discover scam's advice symbols

3: verify for any complaint filed next to the Company

4: Don't Make an instant decision

5: Fine read any contract before Sign

Paul Carcone

Facilitator
Jun 22, 2008
South Coast
www.carconeconsulting.com
Debt consolidation can be a particularly difficult decision to make...and many people don't realise that it will (normally) cost you A LOT more in the long run.

As such, it should only really be considered if:

1. Your offer is at a significantly lower APR than you are currently paying;
2. You are in such a financial pickle that you REALLY can't afford your day to day living;

Of course, the most important thing to remember is that you are likely to be burdening yourself for between 4 and 5 years with quite a large loan. Given that you are paying oit back over such a long time, you will pay A LOT of interest.

The most important thing, however, is use the extra cash you generate each month WISELY and not get yourself into further debt by spending on the credit cards you have just cleared.

barbarp

Facilitator
Aug 20, 2008
Dorset
All great tips peters but if I may just add a little ,
There is a big difference between debt consolidation and debt management.
With consolidation you are essentially taking about a big loan that covers everything and puts it in one place.
Debt management is where you are paying a company to approach all the people you owe money to and say 'This person is not managing their debts and needs to renegotiate before they get totally up the creek'
There are some very very important things to consider before going down this route.

1. As part of the process you will need to miss a month on all of your debts, this will damage your credit rating for over six years!

2. Due to the above you will get ++++ nasty phone calls/letters from creditors and they aren't under any obligation to accept the management company's offer so this won't necessarily stop after the first month.

3. Check the charges and make sure to check that company is reputable, I unfortunately went down the debt management route a few years ago to find out that although I was paying the company on the understanding that they would then pay my creditors ...they didn't :eek: thereby landing me well and truly in it!

4. Last but not least, if you are confident at writing letters and approaching people, there's nothing the debt management companies do which you can't, unless they are setting up an IVA {and I'll check out if you can do that yourself}.

Having gone down the debt management route , I would say that unless you're desperately , massively in debt {£20,000 +} then I wouldn't go for it as first option. Take it under a huge amount of advisement.

Peter White

Aug 11, 2008
All great tips peters but if I may just add a little ,
There is a big difference between debt consolidation and debt management.
With consolidation you are essentially taking about a big loan that covers everything and puts it in one place.
Debt management is where you are paying a company to approach all the people you owe money to and say 'This person is not managing their debts and needs to renegotiate before they get totally up the creek'
There are some very very important things to consider before going down this route.

1. As part of the process you will need to miss a month on all of your debts, this will damage your credit rating for over six years!

2. Due to the above you will get ++++ nasty phone calls/letters from creditors and they aren't under any obligation to accept the management company's offer so this won't necessarily stop after the first month.

3. Check the charges and make sure to check that company is reputable, I unfortunately went down the debt management route a few years ago to find out that although I was paying the company on the understanding that they would then pay my creditors ...they didn't :eek: thereby landing me well and truly in it!

4. Last but not least, if you are confident at writing letters and approaching people, there's nothing the debt management companies do which you can't, unless they are setting up an IVA {and I'll check out if you can do that yourself}.

Having gone down the debt management route , I would say that unless you're desperately , massively in debt {£20,000 +} then I wouldn't go for it as first option. Take it under a huge amount of advisement.
Thanks ...................:)

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Dear Peter,

We have introduced a "thanks" button to minimise inane posts such as "thanks" and "nice post"

Tony