Best Time To Sell On E-Bay

Paul Carcone

Facilitator
Jun 22, 2008
South Coast
www.carconeconsulting.com
It may be interesting for you guys to note that it has been identified that auctions that end on a Sunday evening are likely to have a higher final price that those ending at any other time. I suppose the rationale is that we have more time to sit and mess about with e-bay at this time rahter than any other night of the week.

As such, if you are selling something, set the duration to coincide with this timing or delay the sale of your goods until you can get one of the options to automatically complete the auction at this time.

I suppose that the reverse works for buying!

Jez

Consumer
Jun 14, 2008
Great post, and I guess the worst time for an auction to end is Monday to Friday during normal working hours.

red

Aug 22, 2008
Also, it is a good idea to avoid auctions finishing on a bank holiday and other exceptional days such as world cup final etc when people would not normally be inclined to be in front of PC.

keriSt09

Jun 18, 2009
I am of the opinion that it is always best if you let your auction end on sunday evenings because there are a lot of people in front of the computer. That is actually what I do.

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
I used to sell regulary on ebay and changing my auctions to end on a Sunday evenings did make a difference. My items certainly got more views, and did seem to sell better. Another tip I heard somewhere, for buyers, is to search for misspellings of the product they are looking for, for example, plastation instead of playstation. Items listed with misspellings are not found by searchers so should be a bargain price.