Online Supermarket comparisons

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
Do any of you use any of the online supermarket price checkers such as mysupermarket.co.uk , and then go to more than one buying different products from each? Does it work out well taking petrol into account? I ask academically as we only have one big supermarket - Morrison's (better in the North than they are in Wales - what is that all about?), but we will be getting a Tescos soonish. I just drove around Gloucester en route to Hampshire, looking for a Tesco to use my vouchers, didn't find it and went to Sainsburys. My parents used to go to one supermarket for certain things and another for other things every week, but I would find that exhausting unless I was saving a fortune.

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
I have been using mysupermarket.co.uk for a while to do my weekly grocery shop. I tend to choose one supermarket from the outset, either Asda or Tesco. I have never done an online shop using more than one supermarket as I think it would be too much hassle, time consuming, and of course the fact that I would be paying two lots of delivery charges. I use my supermarket.co.uk rather than the supermarket's own website because I prefer the website layout on mysupermarket.co.uk and find it easier to navigate, along with the fact that I can earn iPoints for shopping through the mysupermarket webiste. You save on petrol by shopping online but the delivery charges range from £3.50 to £5.50 depending on the supermarket and whether you have your shop delivered during the week or at the weekend.

I shop online for convenience, and I do find that I do a much better, healthier and cost effective shop.

Anyone doing their food shopping online for the first time, whether through the mysupermarket website or their supermarket's own website, may find it daunting and time consuming, searching for all the products you usually buy, but once you have done it a few times and set up your favourites, it becomes a breeze.

I have in the past gone to different supermarkets to get different bargains, and found it a lot of hassle. It didn't save me money either as I'd usually buy more than I'd intended in each supermarket.

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
I expect budgeting is easier too as it would be much easier to revise an online order if you see that the total is Whhhhheeeeey, than to have to put stuff back on the shelf after it's checked out! (Imagine that embarrassment!). I just bought dairy, fruit and veg today and it totalled £50!!!!

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
Knowing the cost of my shop before checkout and being able to revise it is certainly one of the benefits of shopping online. Seeing the contents of my trolley on screen, arranged by department makes it so easy to see what I don't really need. mysupermarket.co.uk has a useful feature called 'Swap and Save' which shows a list of cheaper alternatives to some of the products in your trolley.