Advice Sought !!!!!!

musicman

Jun 11, 2009
Hi there, I hope some one can give me some advice.

Nearly 3 months ago, i was rudley awakened by a delivery driver who said he had a parcel for me. half asleep i signed for the 32 inch lcd tv. At the time i thought it was deliverd in error to me for my neighbour who had just moved in. After delivery i knocked on all the doors in my close and noone had orderd the tv. the package had a name i did not know so i called the delivery company and advised them i had recieved it in error. I was also very suspicious as it had my address on but not my name. Having been a victim of identity theft and more recent having money taken out of my account in lebanon i was a little concerned. Its just about 3 months now an noone has bothered knocking or getting back to me and i have the bloody tv which isnt small living under my bed. Can i just sell the damm thing now or how long can i wait before i can get rid of it. I didnt ask for it, and as i have an older tv not a nice flatscreen its irratating me sitting there with its smug Digital tuner and sharper picture.

Is there anything protecting me, i dont want to off load it or set it up in my living room if in 3 months time i end up in wormwood scrubs !!!

any advice apreciated.

:confused:

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
It might be worth chatting to the police first - you wouldn't want to sell it then they ask for it back (and find that they're legally entitled to do so).

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
Apart from the delivery company, was there no invoice from the supplier that might inform about the order source?
I do wonder in these cases what the finance fraud agencies do. When my card details were pinched, the theives ordered stuff to be delivered and I assumed that the police could just go to that address and say "your nicked", but I am naive, and would obviously make a rubbish criminal. Do they pick an address, then lie in wait for 28 days? I also wonder how they get the supplier to deliver to an address that is not the cardholders.
I have no advice except to wonder if items reported the police in this way are treated like lost property, and does LP still become the finders if not claimed after a certain time?