Car bought 3 Days ago now broke was I stung!

tssalo

Jun 13, 2009
Hi
I bought a 02 Primera 3 days ago off an dealer/mechanic. I only did 30/40 miles tops in it. First day when I was driving it home it seemed to be going into the Very hot zone, but then cooled down, so I presumed it was the fan kicking in. Went on a little drive today to the park & noticed that it was in the high zone again, so I bought coolent & put it into where it says coolent, (I think it was some sort of resiviour). Car started leaking where I put the coolent & Temp started getting Very high again, then it hit into the danger zone & which point I had to pull over & knock the engine off. I rang the dealer/mechanic & he said "My Problem!" Edventually after a few calls (And telling him I had consumers rights) he arrived. I told him what happened etc and he ran a muck with me & said I might have damaged it because I put the coolent into some kind of reseviour... I didn't get a manual with the car and genuinely though that's where the coolent went. Would this have caused a Major problem? Any thoughts Most appreciated! I'm absolutly Gutted! This is the 2nd car I have now that has gone in the space of a forghtnight. The 1st was my own, it needed a thermostat which I got this same guy to do But he made the car worse he put a 2nd hand one in! I got 2 other Mechanics to look at it & they told me to go back to him! He did drive to see the car & is fixing it on Monday.. So I'm having Very mixed feelings here weither he is a genuine person or not!? This has me sooo worried! Any help Pllease!

Edit- I'm not familiar with the nissan primera & it did have coolent on the yellow lid. He didn't tell me this in the garage..

Last edited:

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Tssalo,

Welcome to the forum. This is quite tricky as you are going to have to establish whether the problem was caused by your actions or not. I cannot advise on that, so you might need to find a friendly independent mechanic to do it for you.

Sorry I can't be more help

Tony

tssalo

Jun 13, 2009
Hi Tssalo,

Welcome to the forum. This is quite tricky as you are going to have to establish whether the problem was caused by your actions or not. I cannot advise on that, so you might need to find a friendly independent mechanic to do it for you.

Sorry I can't be more help

Tony
Hi Tony,

Thank you very much for your help. I did get my hands on a mechanic from Nissan who came back with me, (he looked at the car & said that I did absolutley nothing wrong & I was been played about!) This guy really knew his stuff & I couldn't praise him enough! The problem is fixed! It only needed water in the rad. It was sold as perfect, fully serviced etc.. So he didn't really have to do much at all to it & he just needed to plug his computer into it to turn off the orange tempeture light. Car has been driving great since (well a couple of hours anyway lol!). I still have it booked in for a test though (pre-nct test) to see if everything is okay! So fingers crossed! Thanks again for the help! This is a Great site by the way and I'm glad to have found it!