Penny Pinching!

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
Am I getting carried away? Just cut all the buttons off an old shirt of DH, ready to put on one I might make in the future, ( I did make him one 25 years ago and he still wears it) and then cut up the body and sleeves to keep for cleaning cloths. I felt a bit like a land girl when I was doing it, but actually, thinking of Rachelle and her house painting, it is surprising how many rags you need – cloths aren’t expensive, but Pennywise – Pound happy!!!!

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
I reuse everything I can, or save things I think I might find a use for one day, buttons, fabrics, beads, cupboard handles etc. It's not just about saving money, or saving the planet, it's something that is embedded in me (and a bit of an obsession) from the ways of my Mum and my Gran, and their constant strive to not waste what they had and make everything go as far as possible.

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
There a some extremes that I would not go to, like reusing tea bags or eating mouldy food. I do what I can to reduce the energy I use to heat my house, though I would not go the extreme of living in a freezing cold home.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I think it's brilliant that you all do that much in a bid to save money and save the planet. Honestly, I really do feel inspired since joining these forums and have made much more of an effort to think before I spend/throw things away, etc. A 25 year old shirt - that is very impressive! And you know, I was just thinking I needed to buy some cloths for the kitchen and didn't even think about old clothes so thank you for more useful tips!