Christmas cards

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
Please don't anyone throw any metaphorical brickbats - what is a brickbat?? - if you have ever wanted to make your own Christmas cards, may I suggest you start thinking now! I have made my own for years and usually do one design a year, but they take time to plan as well as construct. It doesn’t save money, if you usually buy supermarket 500 for 50p, it does if you like to individualise - just a plain but single card seems to start at £1 these days. You can get ready folded A5 cards plus envelopes at lots of places (including some supermarkets and branches of The Range), stamps, inks, glitter, mulberry paper - keep it simple if you are churning out loads, or have fun going OTT if its one or two. I started with the children, and then carried on when they grew up! One special thing is to have your own stamp made up - it's not too expensive.

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
Brickbat?

As for me, I'll do the usual - buy some charity cards. It's not only because I'm lazy, it's also because I'm uncreative.

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
I used to make my own Christmas cards with my daughter, there is something so personal and special about giving and receiving home-made cards. These days I tend to buy my cards, though I hold on to thought that one day I will go back to making them myself.