New iphone on Orange

Fox99

Aug 21, 2008
I hear that the new iphone is coming to Orange (it was an article on the register) has anyone else got any other details?

Date? / cost etc?

I think it's time for an upgrade .........:)

Fox99

Aug 21, 2008
No I read the article on The Regsiter - what it basically says is that O2 has not sold enough phones so as in other countries Apple is allowed to sign up a second network.

Go to the site and have a look - you have to search a bit but it is there

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
The only article I could find was the one posted by James. I also saw an article saying that Apple paid actors to queue for the iPhone, or the Jesus phone as the Register call it, in Poland - LOL

Paul Carcone

Facilitator
Jun 22, 2008
South Coast
www.carconeconsulting.com
Paying actors!!! OMG...this is marketing gone mad! If they'd given me an iPhone, I'd have rounded up all my mates and done that too!

It's good to know that Orange may be getting this phone...I really want one but I'm prepared to wait until the hype (and price) dies down a little!

U

Unregistered

IPhone to Orange

Hi, Swapped from Orange to O2 in Feb to get the iPhone. The phone is great but O2 is AWFUL. No network, dropped calls. All O2 say is go outside to make a call! Still got another 12 months x £35 to go. Biggest mistake i've done to date.

bmd

Nov 27, 2008
I've just got the Blackberry Bold which I think is great but everytime I see the iPhone on tv it makes me want it more. I wish i had thought of this before the Blackberry but in all honesty the Blackberry is great and I am more comfortably with buttons instead of touch screen.

GlasgowGirl

Facilitator
Jul 22, 2008
I love my iPhone and having switched from Orange to O2, I find that coverage is usually pretty good. But I opted for the pay as you go tariff, because I don't use my phone enough to justify £35 a month, and I do find it a bit frustrating that I don't have the constant web access that I'd have on a pay monthly tariff. It seems to defeat the purpose of having an iPhone a bit. The apps are great though.

scrooge

Dec 2, 2008
I thought O2 wtill had the iPhone exclusivly? pI have been away for 6 months though! :eek:)

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
There was a rumour going round that )2 were going to lose the contract as they had not shifted enough - it seems that this was false...

MattJust

Jan 9, 2009
The latest is that the iphone will be hitting orange in may 09. thats what i have read today. weather that is true i don't know but i do think the iphone will be coming to orange sometime inn 2009 as 02 are not shifting enough units.

I have just got the n96 on orange and am going to get the iphone as soon as it comes availble. i have been patiently waiting.

Nokia are releasing an n97 if that interests anyone. its meant to be an iphone killer, but the iphone looks stunning and everything apple makes me happy.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I heard that the N97 is fantastic, where id oyu read about Orange selling the iphone.

Tony

MattJust

Jan 9, 2009
Its all over the web. Alot of people said october but that was too good to be true even before oct came. A friend of mine in orange has also agreed that orange will be getting the iphone in may 09. O2 arnt selling enough and orange already have it in some other countries. Not sure which ones i know definatly, france.

does anybody know an exact date for the n97?
its a hard choice on which to get. n97 or iphone.
n97 is a better phone but the iphone is the iphone! so i havn't yet decided.

:) Matt

GlasgowGirl

Facilitator
Jul 22, 2008
Orange have the exclusive contract to sell the iPhone in France but the French competition watchdog has temporarily banned this deal, which theoretically means that other companies could start selling the phone there.

The Register is also reporting that Orange may be appointed as a second supplier in the UK - so 02 would still sell the iPhone but Orange would too. Which is slightly annoying for me since I moved from Orange to 02 specifically to get the iPhone, but so far I've been happy with 02's service.

MattJust

Jan 9, 2009
Yeah i have heard that too.
Its a good thing for us as that will make the iphone a competitive market for o2. Meaning better deals for the lot of us.
I am hoping orange will also offer unlimited web access with the iphone like o2 do on there contracts?

Matt :)

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Matt, when I renewed with Orange they gave me unlimited broadband with a 250mb fair usage policy. This was not advertised on their site but they give it to you to retain customers.

Cheers,

Tony