phones 4 u refuse exchange or refund

kwattssilver

Jun 20, 2009
hi
looking for advice, bought a phone on payg with phones 4 u i had only had it for six weeks when it wouldnt charge so took it back to the shop and they sent it for repair. it came back after two weeks when i got it home i unwrapped it and found it had a burn mark on the top and would not slide up and down properly. took it back to the shop and explained this to them and asked if i could have a replacement with same phone or one similar upon which they refused and said they would send it off for repair again. as there policy is the phone being faulty within the first 28 days for a refund or replacement. i am not happy with this and would mean i am without a phone for another two weeks, can anyone please tell me where i stand with this as i am willing to take this to the small claims court if need be as they wont seem to budge.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Phones4u refund and repair

You will need to give them two or three attempts to repair the item before you ask for a refund. However, while your phone is being repaired they must lend you one - this is one of your satisfactory rights as defined in the Sale of Goods Act. If they are troublesome, report them to Trading Standards.

Tony

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Sorry Tony but I have to disagree with you on this one, as I understand it, they damaged the phone while it was in their possession for repair, they should replace it, no arguments.

kwattssilver

Jun 20, 2009
thanks for your advice i will try and sort it tomorrow and will let you know how it goes.
thanks again
ken:eek:

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Let us know how you get on Ken, Phones4u don't have the best reputation so call Trading Stadnards if you have problems.

P

Phones 4u

Hi,

Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with us.

In order for us to look into your query further, please could you give me an email address that we could contact you on to try resolving this?

Thank-you,
Phones 4u

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Ken,

I have just checked Phone_4u and they are using a valid phones 4u e-mail address, so I think it would be a good idea to take them up on the offer.

Tony