Ashes - any help appreciated

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
I am really sorry if anyone finds this to be in poor taste, but I have wracked my brains and not come up with any ideas.
I have my father's ashes, and my brother and I have decided to keep them until my mother passes away, and we will then scatter them together, somewhere they both loved (hopefully Singapore!).
However, a small portion of his ashes is going to go to Poland, his birth country, to be scattered. All the containers I have seen to buy are much more than we can afford, for what is a very short-term housing. Can anyone think of a small container that is affordable and can be fixed closed, but that is also 'respectable', decorative even?

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
It depends on how big you want it but you can get some lovely spice jars in porcelain or pot if you look in the 'exclusive' shops, I hope you don't think this would be disrespectful but it would seem to me a suitable and affordable solution.

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
Thanks for that Witch consumer, a great suggestion.
I actually came to a decision and have acted on it. I decided that as I have craft skills I should use them - I bought a plain wooden box, with a brass catch, from

BoxyLady.co.uk - Supplier of Wooden Blanks - Home

Ordered it at 10.00 am yesterday and it arrived today. I am going to stain it dark oak, then decoupage it with an image of Our Lady of Czestochowa which I will gild and embellish. Dad was from the Czestochowa region, and whilst he was an atheist, his sister into whose care the ashes will go, is very religious. (I will contain the ashes in a sealed plastic tub within the box).