Dwp

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I just wanted to rant a little - I like to exercise my frustration in these forums! I just received a letter from the DWP telling me that the £35 or so that I owed them was now outstanding and that unless they received it from me before 7th July they could take legal action. I spoke to a man from DWP over a month ago and agreed to set up a direct debit (could have paid it all in one go but thought why bother). The first payment went out ok. Anyway, I have just spoken to them and there seems to have been some error in the DD. Not sure why as the first one went out. But anway, my point is, why send out horrible letters. Why can't they refer to their notes? Or why can't they keep clear notes in the first place? ... thanks for listening ...

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
Oooh, the government. I like this topic.

Ever heard that joke about the young couple, neither of whom have ever claimed any benefits in their lives, who had a baby, applied for child tax credits in October 2008, were told in December they hadn't provided all the information required but were then told actually they had, but had to reapply anyway, then got a decision in February but had to appeal because they lost some of their entitlement as they only backdate each claim by a maximum of three months, were then told they were out of appeal forms, finally got one at the end of February, received a letter in March telling them the appeal had been received and would get a decision by the middle of June, then were told in June that no such appeal had been received and the only course of action was to send in a new appeal form??

No, I haven't laughed yet either...