Two police dogs die in hot car

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
I am disgusted that this has happened. I wish my faith in the police were not being diminished on a regular basis these days. We need a reliable, trustworthy, well-trained and thoroughly decent force as a key part of a civilised community, but I don't feel we have that. How could a trained officer with dogs, leave animals in this way? I am really upset about it as an animal lover, and I am angry as a taxpayer.

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
This is shocking. We are all aware of how beneficial these canines can be in tracing and apprehending suspects. For two of these animals to die in such a manner is disgraceful, and I hope that those responsible will be prosecuted and hit with the maximum penalty.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
It does beggar belief doesn't it? Such a shame. But if anybody can remember the terrible story about the woman in Belgium who forgot her baby and left it in the car, obviously human errors can and do occur. What would be even more terrible would be if the police had left the dogs in there intentionally to die - presumably this wasn't the case?

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
With the heat over the last few days it wouldn't surprise me if the dogs weren't left there for long and the officers were genuinely caught by surprise.