Asda...Pricing

kategregory

Jul 2, 2009
Hi there,

First of i'm sorry i didn't know where to put this thread!

Ok just wanting to ask a question about a kenwood food processor we pick up at asda it had a reduced sticker on it price saying " was £49.97 now £38.97"
We took it the the till and didn't notice until we brought it, so we took it straight to the customer services and they had to get someone to look at it they told us that it was a mistake that some one had stuck the sticker on there for some reason, and that all the could do was give us £5 off or give us our money back.

My question is actually its more of a fact finder really, was they right i always thought that the price you see is the price you pay???

Thanks in advance...
PS we took the refund...

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
A similar thing happened to me recently when I saw dishwasher tabs priced higher in store than they were on a sales leaflet that had been posted to me (a printing error, I was told by staff), and like yourself I questioned this (in these forums), and it appears that they don't have to sell the goods at the advertised price, and the fact that you were offered a discount on the processor was simply a good will gesture.

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
A small supermarket will often have thousands of different items in stock at any time, many of which are changed in cost daily. Their staff are pushed to meet time targets at minimum wages. It would be surprising if the wrong tag was never put onto the wrong item.