It is fun to buy clothes on vacation.

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
When going on vacation it is enjoyable to go to the local markets and buy some local clothes. Doing this enables one to avoid having to pack everything that might be necessary, reduces the luggage to pack and carry, and gives something to be a memory of a good holiday.

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
What is wrong with shopping, wherever you are. I doubt that anybody does not shop on holiday at some time.

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
I love shopping whilst on holiday. Leisurely strolls around the markets in the sunshine, mixing with the locals, and finding unique and unusual items that I could never buy back home. My partner hates it and will usually escape to enjoy a cold beer at the first opportunity.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I love markets abroad - I bought fantastic copper pots and pans from the market in Sarlat a few years ago that were about one third of the price that they seem to be over here. We had driven to our destination so even though they weighed the size of a small elephant it wasn't a problem getting them back.

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
Many times there are items on sale in holiday locations which are just not known of in one's own country. We had some visitors from Canada when we lived in Lisbon, who reckoned that they had never seen the barbeque food holders that we used - kind of two metal grids hindged together- which were great for fish and vedgetables. They took back a bunch of them.

GekkoHQ

Jul 8, 2009
Yes , I agree. Especially getting some specific style of that country would be fun! For example kimono for Japan, chipao for China, Dutch wooden clogs for Holland.

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
How about a lama-wool poncho. It is the greatest thing - warm, pretty water resistant and kind of cuddly.

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
It is a method of adding to the value of a holiday certainly. The savings made on booze and cigarettes can be added as a kind of profit. Great suggestion.

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
I like your style Witch Consumer. I have a friend who takes an empty suitcase on holiday with her to fill with cheap booze, cigarettes, etc. Though it is important to know the limits of what you are allowed to bring back. From what I believe, if you are caught trying to bring back more than you are allowed, the whole lot can be confiscated and you don't get your money back.