Sony 15.4in Intel T3200 Laptop

samyra

Jul 4, 2009
I bought my laptop from Kays Catalogue, on the 29th of January 2009, by the 13th of March 2009, while using the laptop I heard a hissing sound ans looked up to find a crack on the screen. Contacted Kays and they asked me to contact Sony. Sony picked up the laptop and then 4 days later advised me that I will be charged £750 to fix the screen the laptop cost £517.

I asked them to return the laptop as I was not willing to pay that amount since then I have been, runnning a battle with Kays, I quoted SOGA and have clearly stated that I am and will go to court if neccessary. I recieved a letter on the 3rd of June saying Kays were investigating, today I recieved another letter stating, I should get it independently inspected and sent to them. Please am at my wits end and dont know what to do. am wlling to go to court, please tell me if they are within their right to ask for the report,or if I should just commence court proceedngs. Thanks:(

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Samyra,

In the first six months the retailer has to prove that it is not faulty. When it is more than six months old it is your responsibility to prove that it is faulty.

Tony

samyra

Jul 4, 2009
Thanks Tony, I am going to write them again, after that I will commence court proceedingsb . Thanks.