Walker's Crisp competition

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
Now this one sounds almost like a good old fashioned competition, which is based on making purchases, but has an element of fun that is over and above dialling a premium rate number and answering the question 'What colour is grass?'
You register, input points from the code on bags that entitle you to make bids, and get to enter a reverse auction to win VIP trips. By reverse auction, I mean that the lowest unique bid wins!

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
This sounds like my kind of competition. I am often tempted by a pack of Walkers Crisps, and reverse auctions do seem to have that element of fun, though I have never entered in one, the entry fees or call costs have always put me off.

2006wilkes

Oct 14, 2014
My pal spent hundreds of pounds on multi buy packs of Walkers crisps and the whole weekend (whilst his wife and kids were away and he should have been decorating the hall!) entering bid after bid after bid in the competition.

He is a computer geek so worked out a system after analysing the previous competition results which meant he won most of the auction prizes he bid for which included spending money for the trips.

In the end he enjoyed the prizes and made enough on the surplus spending money to get all his initial crisp outlay back plus buy a new expensive pedal bike!

JasonEvans

Jul 21, 2016
London UK
Spending hundreds of pounds on multi buy packs of Walkers crisps sounds a bit crazy to me. I mean everyone has their own perception on funds well spent ofc.