Lavora Marketing - Google Ads Rant/Warning

DonTheDJ

Jul 8, 2009
OK folks this is for your information in case you ever hear from these people selling Google Ads.

My personal opinion - avoid this organisation like the plague.

I got a sales call, took out an ad with them - rolling contract on a monthly basis.

After a short while it was clear it was doing my business no good whatsoever, not one email or phone call was generated.
So I emailed them, as their answer phone message encourages you to do, to request that the account be closed and ad cancelled.
I got no response to the email, or follow up emails asking why I hadn't heard from anyone. So I rang, and I was told that a junior member of staff had accidentally deleted my email and had been spoken to. This person offered me improvements to my ad and discounts, I agreed to try it out.
Again a couple of months proved this ad was as useful as a chocolate tea pot, I got no emails or calls as a result of the ad. So I emailed them on 24 May about cancelling. I got no response, I did later receive a further invoice though by Email. On 24 June I emailed again about cancelling and the invoice, and got no response. I did get a letter about the unpaid invoice though.
I Emailed again yesterday about the situation and the former emails.
I had to phone them today, and got told that to cancel I had to put the request in a letter to them, first I had heard of it. They also told me that they would not allow me to cancel the service until the unpaid invoice was paid.
What about my emails, did they get deleted by a junior member of staff? I was told they had emailed me back in May but they must have been having technical difficulties and it must have bounced - do we believe them?
I mean an Internet marketing company that can't respond to Emails (when they contain bad news anyway)!?
I'll let you draw your own conclusions based on the facts above.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I can't comment on Lavora Marketing but there are lots of Google top-ten so-called marketing people. They either get you in the top ten natural results for very uncommon terms or buy cheap terms on Adwords. Both result in no traffic or sales, but they can demonstrate that you are in the top ten.

Do you have a contract and what does it say about cancellation?

I have just had a look at their website - £150 for five keyphrases!!!

This would be low is it were a term like "life insurance" but high if it was "blue widgets for men in Belfast".

Could you let me know what terms they are optimising for and I will look it up and see how much this is costing them?

Tony

DonTheDJ

Jul 8, 2009
Below are my updated new phrases after the initially completely useless ones I forget - this is what I got after I first tried to cancel, and they're not that bad, except they didn't generate any leads for me.

mobile disco in County Antrim

wedding dj County Antrim

dj Belfast

mobile discos Belfast

mobile dj Belfast

wedding dj Belfast

Thanks

Don

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Don,

You can check this for yourself but these terms get very few search per month and would be unlikely to bring you traffic. You would be better off going for a generic term like "mobile djs" and geotargetting it. i.e. making it only show for searches from Northern Ireland. You can do this yourself, but you would need to put a bit of effort in and read up on it.

Tony

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
I get phone calls all the time from "SEO experts" and people wanting to run google ad word campaigns.

I have to be honest, it really isn't that difficult to do yourself with a little reading (you don't even need to do that, but a bit of reading will help make your ad words more effective).

DonTheDJ

Jul 8, 2009
Thanks for that

I've had a look and it's dead easy to set up a Google Ad words account, and you choose how much you want to spend (from 30 a month)

Will be doing that once I get things ironed out with my new business partner.

All the best folks

Cheers

Don

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
It is worth having a poke around the web looking for Adword vouchers, many hosting providers will, for example, will give you a £50 voucher for buying a domain name from them.

crag hopper

Nov 29, 2009
Found this thread while doing some research got a call myself from this company over the last week .I asked them to put exactly what they were going to do in an email which never arrived .I have learnt the hard way after being with a comapny by the name of dotcomchrome who do the same type of business toatl scammers and again run by young kids who have no customer service skills . WHO CALLS ME? 01619764745 these are are terrible company with treats of violence so it would seem and public data sharing right there in that thread.Actually make Lavora sound like angels .i was with this company for 3 months with no response .I would suggest that any company on here who hasnt already done so create a google business account and create a google map for there company this has got us far more work and its FREE! .if anybody would like asssistance in this send me a personal message .BUT PLEASE AVOID DOTCOMCHROME

rangerover

Dec 9, 2009
Found this thread while doing some research got a call myself from this company over the last week .I asked them to put exactly what they were going to do in an email which never arrived .I have learnt the hard way after being with a comapny by the name of dotcomchrome who do the same type of business toatl scammers and again run by young kids who have no customer service skills . WHO CALLS ME? 01619764745 these are are terrible company with treats of violence so it would seem and public data sharing right there in that thread.Actually make Lavora sound like angels .i was with this company for 3 months with no response .I would suggest that any company on here who hasnt already done so create a google business account and create a google map for there company this has got us far more work and its FREE! .if anybody would like asssistance in this send me a personal message .BUT PLEASE AVOID DOTCOMCHROME
Just been completely conned by Lavora marketing. after using them for 4 months i had absolutely no resonse to my ads.. And then when you try to cancel they rub salt into the wound by making you pay for yet another month of ads while the "30 day" cancellation goes through the system. Please any business people reading this, NEVER get conned into ads with Lavora. You would get more results with a postcard in a phone box

long arm of the law

Dec 17, 2009
The police are actively investigating the activities of dot com chrome and the director Jamie McDougall. Anyone with any information about any threatening or abusive telephone calls or emails received from this company should contact PC 6755 Pat Murphy or PC 6274 Andy Jordan, both of the Sale Neighbourhood Policing Team, telephone number 0161 856 7865.

You can also report any such incidents as a crime to your local police force who will pass the details on to Greater Manchester Police, or directly to Greater Manchester Police on 0161 872 5050.

DonTheDJ

Jul 8, 2009
They've got you?

You're probably paying over the odds for your advertisement with them.

If you've signed up, then you can only leave by giving them notice in writing - on paper, emails are ignored. Send it recorded delivery, and keep the record of it.

You'll have to give them a months notice etc.

If you want to advertise with Google, click on Adwords at google dot com, and you'll find it much cheaper and easier to do by yourself.

You can place a free ad at yell dot com too, which will end up in the next print version, well that worked last time I checked.

Good luck

kempster

Jan 22, 2010
hi there yes they got me so have matchmaker marketing probly same company both had money when not even had advert yet im so pissed off ive lost £320 today and must get cancel letters of today i could go to there base ill tell you both companys are sharks we must stop them google must stop them i phoned my bank they cant seem to do much lloyds tsb mega company ive told them im being ripped off help me help me

kempster

Jan 22, 2010
no i dont ive been had £320
what i have done is canceled card
sent letter to lavora marketing to cancel also sent letter to matchmaker marketing to cancel
ive been done by matchmaker last week 14th jan £198.00 no goods taken out from them as i dont have web site yet

enter lavoura marketing friday 22jan 2010 said do deal for £136 thought great ill cancel matchmaker only to find out you cant get money back even if no service provided
so thought phone bank cancel transation only to find both companys took money before i had service
thats when i smelt a rat and when i got on web later that day
i spotted problems with
Both matchmaker marketing ltd
lavora marketing both have nice glossy brochures that look good
but they seem to have bad reputation

and if they say its to good to be true i now know it really really is

so lets bring this company down

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Why were you using both? Don't they do the same thing?

As the DJ says you can do Adwords yourself much cheaper and it is not hard.

Tony

kempster

Jan 22, 2010
ive sent all cancel letters recorded delivery to both companys also took copys of letters to bank to prove that i dont want any more money taken from account also cancel card

what you think chances are of getting money back its less than 8 days with matchmaker

may be they are together in this as they are both in ALTRICHAM CHESHIRE AND SIMALAR post codes

also i wonder wether i had cooling of period of 7days and on 8th day the 2nd company rings to get just that bit more out of you knowing you cant cancel

and less than 72 hours with lavora also lavora sent contract to sign witch i sent back unsigned let me know
i did notice that when ringng office after a missed call they are not shure which company you are after and say things like there are a lot of companys here we all share same building

kempster

Jan 22, 2010
tony i was trying to save money at first i would have been happy with matchmakers offer and would off tried it for one month then canceled

but lavora phoned not knowing them at the time had cheaper deal and as i thought i had not signed up for anything i would cancel matchmaker only to find out you dont get money back so investigated further only to find bad press about both companys selling top spot on google exclusive from google
so i live and learn

only had these calls since taking yell.com advert last week which has a simalar process with a few emails in between which is why i did not think anying of giving bank details to a company on the phone as yell. do it this way

but i will never never do any buying from cold calling again at least on web you can check things out

i think they see new business go on yell.com and what they work on is that they know you want to be first page google and unless you understand ppc and the like which i dont as was just looking into it last week or so they baffle you and sell you package that does it for you gaurantteed no hassle thats what you will buy as they build on your missing 1000 people viewing your web site every month for £198 first month then £30 per keyphrase or keyword there after rolling contract cancel anytime in writing sound s great

epolito

Mar 1, 2011
Everyone be aware, this fraudolent company have now re-branded themselves answer IT-group because under their previous trading name (Lavora Web) they got caught by trading standards and the media

doing disreputable business.

I have got caught out in the same scam. This is their agenda: making it very hard for you to cancel the agreement

and giving you no control over the campaign. They obtain this by:

1 - Applying a "letter only" cancellation notice policy so that it is difficult for a customer to prove, at a later

stage, a cancellation request was sent in the first place.

2 - Applying a 30 days notice period on cancellation notices so it's hard to time a cancellation request so that

you don't get charged another month of unwanted service.

3 - Once you send a cancellation letter, a member of their team will call you saying that rather than cancel the

campaign you can "pause" it until when needed again. Then when you send them another letter of cancellation they

will tell you your campaign was on pause and not cancelled and that they require 30 days notice so you'll basically

need to pay upfront for another month of unwanted campaign. This will repeat itself in a viciuos circle from which

is difficult to permanently get out.

Basically their tactic is to hold on to a customer as long as they possibly can squeezing out money out of them

even when the customer no longer requires the service.

4 - Their payment charges are not standing orders or direct debit, quite conveniently for them, making it very

difficult for you to cancel the transaction before hand, unless you cancel your card (or pretend you've lost it) so

your credit card company will send you a new card.

This is how you trap them: When you send the cancellation letter, make sure you send it recorded delivery and keep

the receipt containing the tracking number (usually starts with "GB").

Keep a copy of the letter on your hard disk (the time stamp on the properties of the file will prove that the

letter was not created or modified at a later date).

Obtain proof of delivery (this will also contain a signature from the Lavora member of staff that in turncollected

the letter) from the royal mail online tracking service.

Let Lavora, or whatever they change their name to, charge you, then report the transaction as fraudolent and send

your credit card company all said paperwork and any invoices containing Lavora Web's trading address (this will

also prove that Lavora Web and Answer IT group are the same trading company) and your credit card company SHOULD

cover your loss, investigate the matter, and take action against them.

Ethereal

Oct 3, 2011
Please note that this company is now
ANSWER IT
answerit-group.com
AVOID THEM! They're scam artists who will steal every penny of £99pm!!!