Delivery dispute

Hippychick

Jul 10, 2009
Hi,

Hoping someone could give me some advice on how to deal with the following situation? I recently bought some toiletries online from a seemingly reputable site, only to receive an email 6 days after dispatch saying that the goods had been returned to them addressee unknown. In order for them to resend the goods, they needed a £3 delivery fee plus my correct address. I'm a little bemused by this as I've lived at this address for over three years, I've double checked the address I gave them was correct, and I've not received anything from Royal Mail to say delivery was attempted or they were holding onto a parcel for me.

I phoned the company today to explain the situation, but they basically said tough, we can see that your address is right, but in order for us to send it back out to you, we still need the £3. The only suggestion they could make was that I pay the money, then take up the issue with Royal Mail afterwards. I finally asked to cancel my order, but they again said that I would need to pay the charge as they had already had to send the package out once before.

I have told them that I am very annoyed at this and have said that I will be taking it further...however I'm not sure how to tackle this one. Do I have to bite the bullet, pay the charge and take it up with RM or are they trying to con me? Any advice would be appreciated...thank you:)