Weeding

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
I have always weeded my garden by simply pulling out the weeds when necessary. A tiresome job that has to be done. I have never used weed killer, though I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for something cost effective, that will kill the weeds, doesn't harm plants, pets or the environment.

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
They do say that if you leave an annual weed to grow, you will have seven more years from the seeds! Perennials are less prolific, but you have to get all the roots out, or the tiniest bit will regrow. No plant can live without photosynthesising through its leaves though so, as I garden organically, I am an ardent hoer! I go out and tip the tops of all the weeds with a sharp hoe, every so often. Do that often enough and perennials will give up, and annuals will never seed so will only live for that year. Mulching thickly (3- 4") with bark will work for a couple of years, getting less effective as it becomes a seedbed itself. It is quite an expensive weed suppressant if you have anything more than a tiny patch. I am weeding today and whilst sometimes I find it soothing (like peeling wallpaper off), today I am cheesed off with how quickly weeds grow, and how tenacious they are!!!!!

GekkoHQ

Jul 8, 2009
Yes, I totally disagree spraying toxic chemicals, I have a cat and she likes smelling , licking around, that's worry me a lot.
To discourage weeds from growing,I usually use banana peels or newspaper to make a sheet mulch and then cover the ground around the plants I want to grow.

Lucas74Jones

Jan 17, 2022
I would also like to try to consume mushrooms because it seems like a good alternative. Therefore, if anyone has any advice on this, please give me a recommendation. That's very important to me.

Aron Brayn

Jan 17, 2022
I would also like to try to consume mushrooms because it seems like a good alternative. Therefore, if anyone has any advice on this, please give me a recommendation. That's very important to me.
I think you will be able to solve your problem anyway. I could not relax my brain after work and it seemed to me that my body was not resting at all. I found this service https://www.shroomhead.net/product/golden-teacher-magic-mushrooms/ where I order products that help me feel relaxed and gain strength to keep working. As far as I know, it may also help you.