Would you tell them?

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
I took mum for lunch while in Andover and we went to a nice craft outlet, where each crafter has their own unit. There is a chocolate shop there and it would have interested mum a lot more than the fabric stuff I like, but we didn't go in and here's why: the windows were dirty, there were nice pots of flowers, but also a pile of old empty plastic pots and seed trays piled up behind them, and in one window was a vase of very dead flowers. I felt that if their attention to things like that was slack, their hygiene might also be slack - it was a very quiet day so they should have had time on this day if any day? I really felt like popping my head through the door and telling them, but I didn't - would you have done?

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
But surely in business every busybody is a potential consumer - I wondered about giving them, as a small business with limited access to market research, a bit of feedback. I do like to buy from artisan chocolatiers. There is one in Ledbury that is fabulous - apart from being very clean and inviting, they have a fabulous and funky range of high quality chocs. So might the Andover shop - but they didn't get me through the door - and I feel a bit sad for them as they may just not see the wood for the trees?!