Roof problems on convertable

bigelf72

Jul 13, 2009
I bought from new a VW beetle. I have regularly had it serviced. It is low millage for a 4yr old car. Unfortunately the warranty ran out last year and now I have a problem with the roof. The garage is asking for £1,400 to sort it out. What are my rights to expect them to repair Free of charge ? THe roof has limited use, and I would certainly have expected to have last longer than 4 yrs ( actually I guess its only 3 yrs as I have not been able to take it down this year.

Would I be able to argue on grounds of quality and fir for purpose ?

Help please.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Absolutely, but you need to make your complaint to the original seller.

Tony

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
I know this is of no help to anyone, but I watched a soft-top SAAB put it's top down at some traffic lights the other day. He cut the timing finely as it was a very distracting sight, and I was pleased to be stationery, but Wow - poetry in motion - made me have a rare moment of pride in the ingenuity and grace humans can rise to!
As far as the problem goes - it is always worth calmly, yet firmly putting your case in writing, to both the original seller, and in a copy to VW, making sure you indicate the fact that the letter is copied, so no one slips it behind a radiator.