cheaper than Amazon

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
I recently bought a couple of books from The Book Depository. Both books were cheaper than on Amazon, and the postage was free, whatever the cost of the purchase. I went into the site today, and it is now a holding page, pending an update (I hope it's not a fold), and if you like books, register on the holding page and you will receive a money-off voucher when they are back up!

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
The other one that I have mentioned before is the Book People - amazingly cheap.

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
I think what always surprises me about Amazon is their delivery costs. Sometimes they can seem cheap on the surface, but once you go to checkout the charges can make you wince.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I have ordered lots of things from Amazon and love their fast delivery (most of the time) but goodness me aren't you paying for it. Also, I'm not always quick to spot that the items I have ordered are from so many different depots and have ended up buying a £3.99 book that I then have to pay postage for as it is separate from the rest of my order. Not a cheap solution and makes me think I should go back and support individual book shops on the high street (if there are any left).