New Orange Contract - 3 days in. No money back guarantee!

2angel_laura

Jul 19, 2009
Having never had a mobile contract I was somewhat hesitant to the whole idea having heard many horror storys! My recently deceased o2 pay as you go phone had incouraged me to shop around with other networks to see what they had to offer. While in my local orange store I was sold a fab contract and a top of the line phone to boot! I was instantly won over, paid the £9.50 for the phone and signed up then and there (afterall it was less than i was paying for my pay and go)

To cut a long story short I get home, turn on the phone and notice I don't get a signal.... in any part of my home. My o2 phone always giving me a full 5 bars. I do a bit of research and see it may be as my phone is operating on 3g, so I manually change it to 2g and still no signal. I check my husbands o2 phone and his signal is full. I go for a drive and as soon as I get away from my street I get 4.... then 3.... then 5, constantly changing signal but better than none.

Anyway I assume this is no good, i use my phone more in the house that outdoors.. thank god for my 14 day money back guarantee... so I phone the shop and I am told no money back guarantee. I run to get my little sheet I got when purchasing my phone as I am sure I saw it written that there is and low and behold, clear as day "no 14 day money back guarantee" I had totally misread it in the shop as 14 day money back guarantee and the topic was certainly never brought up by the sales advisor despite her knowing how hesitant I was at signing to a 2 year contract!

So what are my options? I love the phone, love the contract but the phone is techincally "not fit for use" the orange website assures me that the signal at my home should be perfect both for 3g and 2g so as they are not providing me what they claim surely I am covered under the sales of goods act. Orange Customer Services are currently looking into my options and the 12 year old assistant on the phone today at my local orange store has told me to pop in on Tuesday to speak to the manager. I need to know if I have a leg to stand on and what to say to make them see it my way?

Help.. and sorry about the big thread!!

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I bought an orange broadband dongle a few months back and it had a 7 day satisfaction guarantee. Does your phone not have the same?

Tony