petermike

petermike

Jun 16, 2009
Hello , I am comparatively new to consumer forums, or to forums at all! I have recently retired and am a grumpy old man! Not that grumpy but perfectly willing to rail at most of the things in the world that I do not like. (there's a lot of them)

I do not have any particular skills which can be of service to other members but I was in the building industry for many years and have a fairly comprehensive knowledge of building practice.

I also worked for a few years for the homeless charity "Shelter" as a housing adviser and, to the best of my knowledge at the date of my leaving, have a good knowledge of housing legislation.

barryboy

Jul 26, 2009
Dodgy Company called Magnum Installations, Bridgend, South Wales

Hi all, I'm new to the site and I would like to warn everyone on here not to do any type of business with Magnum Installations based in Bridgend, South Wales. They only target elderly people and their work is absolutely appaling. They deal with windows/doors and conservatories. They done a job for my elderly uncle which he really didnt need and now he is out of pocket by £2100. We have reported these peole to our local trading standards and I'm hoping that they will be put out of business.

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
Hi petermike! Sorry my hello is late, I've been away :D

Don't worry about being new to all of this, we're a friendly bunch on here.

MagnersPear

Jul 7, 2009
Hi there and welcome, do you enjoy your job with shelter? i have always thought it a worthy charity