tooth whitener caused my mouth pain

coffeebeankat

Jul 24, 2009
Hi im a newbie, and i have a problem, i purchased this toothe whitener today (4pm) after i was given a sample on a stall, i got home around an hour later after an appointment and my mouth was tingling and my throat sore, i havent used the product i purchased this is just from the sample i was given.

I have searched for the website to this company and also any contact numbers but they dont seem to exist, i have also found several forum reports of other people who claim this company are bogus.

I will be returning tomorrow to the stall in town to ask for my money to be returned to me, do they have any rights not to give it back? if so what are they? and what are my rights to get my money back from them.
does it fall under not fit for purpose?

i don't see any offering of clinical trials for this product or any refund nor statutory rights displayed.

They have not given me any receipt only my card holder copy receipt.

I have contacted my bank who inform me they cannot stop the payment being processed. I tried to make my purchase with a credit card but there machine kept saying it was rejected, again this seems suspicious as i had only just confirmed with my card service my card was indeed working fine.

Please can someone advise me hopefully before the morning as i want to make the correct procedure.

neonSource

Aug 7, 2009
Under the The Cosmetic Products (Safety) Regulations 2008 all such products are required to display clear labelling that must include a manufacturers address. If this is not present then the manufacturer and retailer are breaking the law.

This is probably something to contact your local trading standards office about.

It would certainly seem you have a right to a refund whether you will recieve one is debatable.

coffeebeankat

Jul 24, 2009
Under the The Cosmetic Products (Safety) Regulations 2008 all such products are required to display clear labelling that must include a manufacturers address. If this is not present then the manufacturer and retailer are breaking the law.

This is probably something to contact your local trading standards office about.

It would certainly seem you have a right to a refund whether you will recieve one is debatable.
Thanks for your reply, i went down to the stall in the town next day and explained the problem, they were very keen to just give me a refund and get rid of me ! I think i got lucky with this by gladly buying face to face and also going armed with my print outs of the fact there website was no existent and company uncontactable. The were full of there own reasons why that information was not findable but after i got a full refund i swiftly left having realised i had leant yet another lesson in life. :)