Since credit cards are the property of the bank - they should look ater them.

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
Many, or most, cards have a condition that the cards remain the property of the organisation that issues them.
If that is true, that organisation should also take the responsibility for any loss - one would have thought.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
And what is the current situation if you lose them? I thought if it was reported to the banks straight away then they issued new cards and wouldn't debit your account for any payments that were made in the interim period. Isn't that right?

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
It just seems to me that the credit card companies do not want to take responsibility, but do want the benefit of the situation.

speedymike

Sep 21, 2009
DEVON
I may be wrong, but as I remember you are required to inform lost card or mis-use soon as possible but are covered from the time you report incident, there is card guard insurance you can take out.

Snippa

Jan 12, 2010
I have lost a credit card before and did not notice for a few days but was covered for the charges from the time it was lost.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
That's reassuring to know. In my attempts to avoid paying interest I am getting quite a collection of cards to my name and if I lost any of them/had my purse stolen etc life wouldn't be worth living.