Has anybody started Christmas shopping yet?

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
Has anybody started planning for Christmas yet. I am thinking of starting now by making a list and then buying a few presents each month to ease the financial pressure that usually hits mid December. If I start buying now, I should also be able to miss the mad December crowds, and hopefully take a little more time choosing individual gifts and shopping around for the best deals.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Oh god that's so depressing but you're so right! I did think about this yesterday. I was actually thinking of starting to buy some little stocking filler gifts (I hope no young children are reading this) to ease some of the pain but it seems such a terrible and non-Christmassy thing to do. Shouldn't I just go with the Christmas flow and panic with the crowds like everybody else when the time comes rather than aim to be this organised and collected individual months in advance? What does everybody out there think?

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
I'm asshamed to admit that I have started and there is still a month to go ... I'm ordering all my cards from Moonpig.com this year, and arranging for delivery direct to me next week, so I can give out personalised cards and presents nearer the time.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I'm nearly done although I have to confess I feel slightly sad that I won't be joining the panicked Christmas Eve throng this year as it all adds to the general Christmas feeling.

achod

Nov 29, 2009
Christmas shopping is all to easy these days, theres so many good online stores to choose from! Done all mine from the comfort of my bedroom :D

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Aghghghgghg - food shopping! I haven't made my Christmas pudding or cake which means I'm far too late (not enough time left to drown it in booze) and so will have to just look as though I'm extremely organised for Christmas 2010!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Scandalous but I like it. Probably a lot cheaper buying a pudding rather than making it too. That and the cake add quite a hefty price tag to the shopping.

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
Of course I would never condone or get involved in such behaviour, but the thought did cross my mind about a curry once, I nearly claimed ownership for a supermarkert purchased curry.

I'm actually allergic to some of the ingrediants in Christmas cake, so I can't eat it, I might have to find a recipie that allows me to make my own next year.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Poor you! Christmas without cake is like .... well, actually I can't think of anything it's so terrible. Although if you said you couldn't eat pudding my heart would really go out to you!

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
Just to confirm that my food shopping has been booked for delivery nearer to christmas, all the presents are wrapped, and cards sorted, with all cards that need posting having been posted last week ... all I need to do now is get a tree (a pot grown one, so that I can plant it in the garden in January).

Its still 18 sleeps til santa and I'm almost done ... a new record for me!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Oh my god!!!! I thought I was organised but this is what always happens! I buy some presents early and then they end up just sitting in a cupboard until (sometimes) after Christmas!!! I hardly ever get around to sending Christmas cards but could probably start a shop with all the still wrapped packets of them that I have sitting in various places around the house!