Could you live on £1 a day?

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
I have tried to live on £1 a day a few times and failed miserably. I read somewhere that it was possible. After paying for bills, groceries, fuel etc, I have tried to survive with £1 in my purse per day. It is very difficult, impossible I found. Could you live on £1 a day?

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I take it you mean can I manage to not spend more than £1 a day for a while rather than can I actually survive on £1 a day? People find it hard to survive on this amount in developing countries so it's not going to be possible over here. But obviously I like the idea of trying not to spend any money needlessly. It's soemthing I should have learnt to curtail a long time ago ...

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
If all my utilities and bills were covered before the £1, yes, easily.

Especially when you consider the fact that since I work from home most days I only leave the house for a walk, it's easy for me.

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
Well, there's always the downside that you don't actually "go to work". I do enjoy my current lifestyle but there is the odd day I yearn for a typical, rude office conversation :D

And sometimes you have realise you actually haven't been out of the house for a couple of days. On Wednesday this happened and as soon as it stopped raining I went out for a walk. I was going spare.

On the plus side, in a weird way, I actually visit family more often. Probably because I'm not commuting for an hour and half a day.