How often should you get a gas boiler serviced?

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
It is recommended to have a service once every year, but is it really necessary. A gas fitter once told me that he thought once every two years was acceptable. Wouldn't it also depend on how much the boiler was used?

hip-consultant.co.uk

Premium Member
Mar 13, 2009
www.hip-consultant.co.uk
It is recommended to have a service once every year, but is it really necessary. A gas fitter once told me that he thought once every two years was acceptable. Wouldn't it also depend on how much the boiler was used?
It does really come down to personal preference. However, if you have an insurance policy you would be advised to check if it has a requiremewnt that the bolier is serviced on a yearly basis.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I think once a year is the sensible one to go for. Better to get it serviced on an annual basis than to let it become dangerous.

PaulWhittyWhite

Nov 7, 2014
Yeah I was advised that when I got my new boiler fitted by STL Heating, that it needs to be serviced every year - as that's part of the manufacturer's warranty. So what ever you do, don't waste your warranty. Suffice to say those guys were spot on and yes they service my boiler too !

anniemc8

Jan 16, 2015
I had a lot of unanswered questions about my new boiler when I moved house - this also being one of them, so instead of getting out an engineer I thought I would do some googling which lead me to this website it isn't for sales it just has lots of useful information on it to do with boiler maintenance as well as other things - definitely worth a look! CORGI HomePlan - How safe is your home?

GaryCSmith

Jul 13, 2016
Getting it serviced annually is much safer choice. Even if I don't use the boiler that much, I'd still go for the once a year service. It's better to be safe, you know.

KathrynMBuchanan

Jul 13, 2016
I get it serviced twice a year. Although, the people I know said once a year is okay, I prefer to have it checked on semi-annually. It makes me less anxious of the possible dangers that could happen. Maybe, I'm just too paranoid, but I suggest twice a year.

BarbaraJMcAnally

Jul 6, 2016
I, too, would go for a semi-annual service. It's safer. That's my opinion. My parents say I can have it done once on a yearly basis.

DeliaEJames

Jul 13, 2016
We get our gas boiler service annually. I believe that will do as long as it is done properly. If you are having second thoughts and you really want to be sure then you can have it serviced twice a year.

MaryWard

May 2, 2017
London, UK
www.trustmeter.co
I think you should do that at least twice a year. I had that issue and it almost resulted in an explosion. I assure you there should be more serious control, as this is not a situation you should underestimate.

ruletheworld

Aug 20, 2016
UK
I would reccomend to do it every year so you can avoid big expences if something will go wrong especially if it is not new anymore.