New car warranty

tristar

Jul 31, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Had this posted in another area first but no response

Hi
I am looking for a bit of advice please.

I own a Ford Mondeo Titanium X. It was registered on 12/03/2009.
The interior mirror fell off whilst I was driving this week, I took the car to the dealer immediately and the girl at the desk dismissed my claim instantly saying "This does not happen" so it will not be repaired under warranty.

She never asked how it happened.

The mirror seems to have been bonded only on a small portion (1/3) of the mirror base attaching it to the windscreen. This has resulted in the inside portion of the windscreen glass flexing when driving. It has resulted in the mirror becoming detatched and also taking a portion of the interior glass off the windscreen resulting in the windscreen needing to be replaced as well.

I am also in contact with Ford regarding the dealer which is:-
Arnold Clark
Aberdeen

Any advice on my next course of action would be gratefully accepted.

Thank you

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Apologies missed this. Your statutory rights have been breached, but as the car is over six months old they can ask you for a report to prove that it is faulty. Arnold Clark would be liable in this case.

The other option is to make a warranty claim and this is with the manufacturer Ford, so if I were you I would wait to see what they say before making a claim under the Sale of Goods Act.

Tony