Advice if Poss Pls - Feel I have been sold a bouncycastle that is not fit for purpose

Moomin

Aug 2, 2009
Hi All

I could really do with some advice please. Back in october 2008 I bought 3 x bouncy castles from a large Uk Mfr. I was informed on purchasing them that they adhered to all UK standards and PIPA regaultions (PIPA is an industry Standard).

However I have subsequently found out that all my castles do not even meet BS EN 14609:2006 as they only have 4 x anchor points not 6 (let a lone any PIPA regs). If I was to then hire these castles out I would be breaking PUWER Regs, as the castles would be deemed unsafe.

The castles paint is also peeling off and again I am now unsure if this pain would conform to any BS Standard requirement.

I was sold these castles as an 'Everything package' that I would need to start my own hire business.. except for one glaring thing - they are not fit for hire.

Would really appreciate any advice as to where I sould go from here - the MFR is denying all responsibilty. And I bought directly from him.

He has now said that he will, as a good will gesture add the extra anchor points FOC, I have asked if does this can I have in writing that they now conform to BS EN14609 and I have heard nothing back. I also now have lost all faith in him and want to get these castles tested by an independent person - am I in my rights to do this, and can I pass any cost of repairs to the castles to make them fit for hire back to the MFR?.

He is a 390 round trip for me so retruning them to his base is not ideal....

This Mfr is still stating on his website that all his castles are PIPA complaint - however this is not the case. Who should I goto to try and take this further - it is really worrying as lots of other people are in the same boat as me and this MFR is not taking any of us seriously, and is still continuing to mfr these castles with this known fault.

Sorry for rant - pls help.