x box 360 from CURRYS is faulty

n.robinson

Aug 3, 2009
hi i'm new to this site.

i recenctly purchased a xbox360 elite from currys on 8.11.08 i got up to play on it yesterday 02.08.09 and i now have the 3 red lights ring of death what ever that is,

i went to currys armed with reciept only to be told its after 28 days and they wont exchange it, i have to contact microsoft, i thought i had 12months, i had a similar problem last year and gamestation gave me a full refund, what laws apply to currys that make them so special that it doesnt apply to them.

any advice would be greqt thanks.

neil.

n.robinson

Aug 3, 2009
called x box to be told my warranty has run out, even though i purchased it less than 12 months ago For your device:
Request a new repair
Repair services is no longer offered.
Cancel Repair
View your Warranty Details
Frequently Asked Questions

Review our help articles for answers to the most common questions
Device Service HomeManage your deviceManage your device

Your request completed successfully.Device Information
Device: Xbox360 Hardware
Serial Number: 408207781205
Warranty Status: Standard Warranty Expired
Repair Status: No pending repair
Because Original Xbox has reached its end of life Microsoft no longer offers repair services for Original Xbox consoles. For more information, please read the Original Xbox support policy. Read the Original Xbox Support Policy notification

How long will this repair take and what is the status?
Your repair order goes through four stages:

Repair order submitted - We have received your repair order and it is in the queue to be processed.
Waiting for device at service center - We have processed your order and are waiting for your console to arrive at our service center. The total amount of time for your repair order depends on how quickly you send your console to us by using the shipping instructions that we included. Your console should be returned to you within 2 to 3 weeks of the date that you send it to us.
Device received at service center - We have received your console.
Device shipped to customer - Your console has been repaired or replaced. We are shipping it back to you.

Standard Warranty Expired: A three-year warranty applies to conditions indicated by three red lights. Please click "request a new repair" to proceed.

©2009 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved
Privacy StatementXbox.com Terms of UseCode of ConductEnglish (United Kingdom)Sign Out

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
"Because Original Xbox has reached its end of life Microsoft no longer offers repair services for Original Xbox consoles"

Excellent! Nothing like spending a couple of hundred pounds on a XBox console then...

There's a huge thread on here full of similar experiences and how people fought it, I'll dig it out for you