Manufacturer Warranty??

grstott

Aug 8, 2009
I purchased a new bed from Whitfield and Lyndsey in Jun 09. Within this time the mattress has collapsed and we are now unable to sleep on it. I attempted to contact W&L but have since found out they have gone out of business. Therefore, I contacted the manufacturer to see if they could repair or replace the mattress. However, they have informed me I have no right to a replacement of repair and to 'go back to where I bought it'. I have repeatedly informed them the shop is no longer open. The manager has promised to call back on numerous occasions but has failed to do so. I contacted them again this morning and was informed 'our mattresses do not come with a guarantee or warranty so tough!'. Is there anybody here who can tell me where I stand? Many thanks in advance...

grstott

Aug 8, 2009
I paid via Debit Card, which I understand does not offer the same protection as a Credit Card... I find it very hard to believe that a consumer is not protected by a 'manufacturer warranty' when the 3rd party trader is no longer part of the equation. I mean the mattress is barely 3 months old and has completed collapsed onto one side, the shop has been paid, the manufacturer has been paid and I'm left with a broken bed!!! Sorry state of affairs when you cannot even get a 'good-will' replacement from a manufacturer.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
If you paid by Visa debit then you can request a chargeback? There is an article about this on the site.