Carpet Right refunds policy

Tracy B

Aug 9, 2009
We recently purchased a carpet & fitting service from Carpet Right. The day before the fitter was due to deliver & lay the carpet, I found out no fitter was booked and the carpet was not in stock. Infact there is a huge backlog of Carpet Right carpets to be delivered from their factory, and it could be up to 5 weeks before the carpet we purchased actually arrives in this country. Carpet Right cannot gaurantee a delivery date, though they expect it to be in the store by the end of the first week of September. This is not what we agreed at the point of sale and we want a refund. This seems to be complicated by the fact the store we bought from is in disarray due to the menber of staff we dealt with being suspended.

The member of staff I have since been talking to is not authorised to do very much at all, but has now recieved 'permission' from his area manager to proceed with a refund. I have been told this will take 7-10 days from being actioned for the money to appear back in our account. On what grounds can they hold on to our money for this extra 7-10 days?

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
The truth of the matter is they can refund it as quick as they take it - instantly, unfortunately, it will take you far longer to do anything about it so you have no choice but to sit it out, annoying but hobson's choice I'm afraid.