Toshiba TV faulty 4 weeks out of warranty

NEW50M

Aug 10, 2009
Just Noticed this morning my 40" Toshibs LCD TV £799 13 months old, has a strange coloured band down left hand side, upon research a few other people have had the same issue and got repaired or a replacement but have all been in warranty.
I paid for extended warrenty with Empire Direct who have since gone bust, the deposit was paid on Barclaycard and the rest on finance. How long should a TV last? Not rang anyone yet as i'm trying to arm myself with info because i just know they are going to tell me your warranty has run out. Any advice or info would be much appreciated.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton

NEW50M

Aug 10, 2009
Hi Tony
Thank you for the reply, do you think i should try Toshiba first or go straight to Barclay Card?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
You could try Toshiba but as you have no contractual relationship with them now anything they do would be a goodwill gesture. Barclaycard are the ones to try first

Tony

NEW50M

Aug 10, 2009
Hi Tony,
Thanks for the reply. I have got home and studied my receipt and i got the 3 year extended cover as part of Empire directs edextra card scheme that cost £30, and the extended cover appears as £0.00 on the receipt. does this matter if i technically didn't pay for the extended cover???

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
The warranty is in addition to your statutory rights. You will be making a claim to Barclays as you effectively bought it from them and a new TV such as yours should last longer than 13 months.

Tony