charged for items I have never received

retailtherapy9

Aug 30, 2008
N Ireland
Any advice on what to do next. I have been a 'very good' customer of J D Williams mail order company for several years. I ordered goods to the value of £105 a few weeks ago but never received them. I was at home each day waiting for the delivery and it never came. On my last statement sent out August, J D Williams stated that they had despatched the goods to me. I have contacted them several times by phone and emails and they have insisted on charging these goods to my account plus interest of course. They keep fobbing me off by saying that they have to investigate how or why the goods went missing;but do they still have a right to charge me for them which they are doing.:mad:

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
JD Williams

Under the Distance Selling Regulations if the goods are not delivered within the agreed time period the consumer can ask for a full refund. In the absense of any agreed period the trader has to deliver the goods within 30 days. The refund should include any delivery charges. The problem is the trader can take as long as thirty days to issue a refund. Obviously, this would not be seen as good customer service. You could potential claim damages if you had to take time off work, for example, to wait in for the delivery at the agreed time, or paid interest, which you have.

I hope this helps,

Tony

Alison Kirby

May 9, 2015
Victoria plumb disaster

Hi we
Placed an order with Victoria plumb in May last year on BNPL. We cancelled the order the following day and Victoria Plumb assured us they had cancelled with the finance company. A year on and we have received a letter from the finance company saying they want paying. Contacted victoria plumb who said they had cancelled it. Back to the finance company who said yes they have, but victoria plumb had already received the money so the finance is still outstanding.

Spoke to victoria plumb who said it wasn't their problem and it was the finance company's issue. Explained again and again and that victoria plumb had kept money for goods we had not received which is fraud. VP said they would email us with a course of action, never received. Told many lies on the phone. Asked what they would do with respect to this debt sat against our name for 12 months for goods we hadn't received. Said it wasn't there problem. Want to pursue this illegal trading - can anyone point me in the right direction.