E-bay - Too good to be true offers

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
I recently purchased a brand new black Nokia N95 bGB mobile phone, for £79.99 - usually I'd expect to pay around £300 for this phone. It was coming from a UK based supplier with free p&p ... naturally I snapped up this offer, made my payment by paypal ... and well ... it was too good tobe true ...

I got the e-mail saying our suppplier is running a few days late, it will be with you in 7-10 days, then on day 10 I got another e-mail, the supplier has gone bankrupt and we cannot pay your money back until we get the money from our supplier.

Today is day 11, naturally I'll be complaining to e-bay and PayPal, but I e-mailed the seller back, simply pointing out that I agreed to wait 7-10 days following their last e-mail, when I could have insisted on getting a full refund, and therefore I had entered into an agreement with them, as they were not able to meet their side of the bargin they had to refund my money immediately ... this morning I've had a e-mail saying a cheque has been posted out to me.

I'm not really sure that is a good result ... but I will be happy as long as the cheque actually clears into my bank account and does not bounce.

The joys of shopping on e-bay.

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
Thanks Tony.

PayPal dispute has been lodged today, to make sure I either get the cheque and it clears or a PayPal refund.

I had a rather rude e-mail from them last night, much more professional today, I just hope its sorted soon.

Michael

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
Update:

I received a cheque for the refund on Friday 21st of August, banked it on the Monday, and then finally today (1st of September) it cleared ... I've never known a cheque take that long to clear before without being returned unpaid.

At least its all over, the PayPal dispute has been closed and I'm happy ... just need to leave some kind of feedback on e-bay now.